Family Yoga Sessions
Family yoga is a fantastic activity for families to enjoy quality time together away from the constant distractions of school, work, and often ever present gadgets and screens.
Through fun yoga poses, mindfulness and relaxation techniques, the whole family can benefit. Children and teens learn valuable relaxation techniques and how to regulate emotions. Parents are encouraged to live in the moment, appreciating the time spent with their children.
Regular sessions will improve communication in the family, as well as providing a strong bonding opportunity. Heightened awareness of each others needs can help reduce family conflicts. By practicing relaxation and visualisation techniques, children and parents also learn to calm their minds and relax, significantly aiding bed time and sleeping patterns.
Family yoga classes are suitable for children 4 years and older, with one or more parent or carer.
The many benefits of family yoga include:
- Improved flexibility and strength for all ages
- Learn how to self regulate emotions, helping deal with frustrations
- Enjoy a family bonding activity; improving communication within the family
- Improve confidence and self-esteem
- Learn relaxation and meditation techniques helping to reduce stress, anxiety and depression, and help with sleeping patterns
- Strengthen family bonds and improve communication
Classes take place on Saturdays at St Mark’s Church Hall every fortnight from 10:00am-11:00am
Contact us for more information if you would like to book or arrange a private family session.
Natalie is specialised in teaching yoga and mindfulness for children and trained with the ‘Special Yoga Foundation’ and ‘TeenYoga Foundation’ in London.